桂林电子科技大学2016年研究生统一入学考试试题 科目代码：211 科目名称：翻译硕士英语
请注意：答案必须写在答题纸上（写在试题上无效）。 I. Vocabulary and Grammar (30 marks)
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Choose the answer that best fits the blank or best paraphrases the underlined word or words to complete each statement. Mark your answers on your answer sheet.
1. He knows that Iran -- which has not started a war in modern history -- poses no_______ military threat to the United States.
A. conceivable B. imaginable C. considerable D. forceful
2. Many Chinese are fascinated by the US and it remains a top _______ for China’s young people to study.
A. opportunity B. destination C. target D. route
3. Late in the morning, we stopped where some other boats_______ in the shadows of the cliffs and jumped in for a swim.
A. were anchored B. were placed C. were attached D. were stopped
4. The way they _______ on their instruments always had melody laced in with these great guitar parts.
A. construct B. write C. work D. compose
5. The girl's aunt told the police station that her niece is constantly _______ by the incident and "won't sleep by herself."
A. scared B. worried C. shocked D. haunted
6. Citizens are _______ by their government to denounce criminals, though 98.5 per cent of criminal investigations are never solved.
A. exhorted B. exhausted C. exerted D. excused
7. We have also not _______ the subtleties of mutant screens or details of phenotypes as these topics have been covered in detail by a large number of excellent reviews.
A. put on B. written on C. done D. dwelt on
8. Still, Canada has moved over the years _______ savings from taxation – in order to encourage investment – while taxing consumption.
A. to spend B. to spare C. to expend D. to extend
9. Due to the fact that universities can not enroll all the candidates, _______ to university is competitive.
A ．admission B ．affidavit C ．admiration D ．allegiance
10. The villagers were _______ by the news of the criminal's release from the prison.
A ．indignant B ．puzzled C ．overjoyed D ．elusive
11. Each individual expresses his opinion in the group by where he stands when a lot of people _______ together in a chat.
A ．squeeze B ．stick C ．pad D ．cluster
12. But later my hair began to fall _______, and my belly turned to water.
A ．off B. out C. through D. away
第 1 页 共 7 页下面内容无效，请忽视。